Saturday, October 29, 2005

Pakistan is planning massive military operation in Marri, Bugti and Makran areas

Bugti foresees army action



By Our Staff Correspondent


QUETTA, Oct 28: Jamhoori Watan Party chief Nawab Akbar Bugti has accused the government of planning a massive military operation in Marri, Bugti and Makran areas.

Talking to newsmen in Dera Bugti on Thursday, the JWP chief said a military operation was imminent because the rulers wanted to take control of the national resources of the Baloch people. Forces for the operation were ready, he said.

He warned the Baloch nation that the situation on the ground indicated that the operation could be launched during Ramazan or after Eid in different areas of the province.

He said that the four gas fields in the Bugti area providing energy to the whole country was an important wealth of the province.

The Marri area, he said, was also very important because of presence of huge oil and gas reserves as proven by various surveys conducted by the government and other agencies.

He said Makran was also an important area as multinational companies were taking interest in Gwadar, Pasni, Ormara and Jewani and the government was building necessary infrastructure and working on mega projects to meet international requirements.

“Most areas of Makran have been sold to multinational companies,” Nawab Bugti alleged. He said that the government was using all its power to take complete control of the areas and the coming operation would be massive.

He said that in Bugti area more than 13,000 troops, including contingents of the SSG, the DSG, the FC, Rangers and other security forces had been deployed.

There were 16 tanks, 20 long-range field guns, a number of helicopter gunships, 40 pieces of artillery, 35 to 40 armoured personnel carriers and other military equipment in the area, he said.

He said heavy concentration of forces had also been reported from the Marri tribal area and reinforcement was being sent to Makran.

He said the government had held out assurances before the March 17 action in Dera Bugti that no action would be taken but people of the area faced death and destruction.

Answering a question, the JWP chief said the place and time of the operation would be selected by the government but it was imminent in view of recent developments in the country.





Balochistan offers seats in varsities to Kashmiris



By Our Staff Correspondent


QUETTA, October 28: Balochistan Governor Owais Ahmed Ghani has offered students of quake-hit Azad Kashmir admissions to universities in Balochistan.

He asked the AJK government to send its students to Balochistan.

He made the offer in view of large-scale destruction of universities and other educational institutions in Muzaffarabad and other areas of Azad Kashmir by the Oct 8 earthquake.

A large number of students died in the catastrophe while survivors have been deprived of the opportunity to pursue their education. The governor said Balochistan had seven universities, including one for women, where Kashmiri students could be accommodated.

http://www.dawn.com/2005/10/29/nat7.htm



SHO, two others booked in rape case



By Our Correspondent


QUETTA Oct 28: On the directives of the sessions judge of Nasirabad, the Mirhasan police station has registered an FIR against its own SHO and two others in a rape case.

Area DSP Muhammad Tariq told Dawn on Friday that under the orders of Judge Zafar Ali Kkhoso, the FIR had been registered against SHO Jan Muhammad, Lal Khan and Jano on the complaint of victim Shali. He said a copy of the FIR would be presented to the court.

The court, hearing an application filed by Shali and Nagina on Thursday, had directed the police station to register the complaint against the people nominated in the application.

The victims had alleged that on the night of October 22 and 23, the SHO and two others had criminally assaulted them in their house in village Hamid near Dera Murad Jamali.



Source

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home