Thursday, February 17, 2005

Demonstration in London Saturday 19th February

http://Freebaloch.blogspot.com
Baloch Freedom Movement

Dr.Abdul Raisani
email : drraisani@yahoo.com




Another Demonstration Is Due To Be Held In London On Saturday 19th February 2005 . The Demonstration Is Being Organized By The Baluch/sindhi Association In Protest To The Current Military Operations In Baluchistan . All Baluch/sindhi Brothers And Sisters Are Requested To Attend .


DATE: SATURDAY 19th FEBUARY 2005

TIME: 13.00 TO 16.00

VENUE: OPPOSITE 10 DOWNING STREET, NEAR TO RICHMOND TERRACE.

NEAREST TUBE STATIONS: WESTMINISTER (CIRCLE LINE)

CHARRING CROSS (JUBILEE LINE)



Power pylons blown up in Balochistan

By Saleem Shahid
QUETTA, Feb 16: Saboteurs fired rockets and blew up two high-tension towers of a 132 KV transmission line in Barkhan area of Balochistan, close to the border with Punjab in a rocket attack early on Wednesday morning.
The entire area of Barkhan and Kohlu districts plunged into darkness as power supply was disrupted, a spokesman of the Quetta Electricity Supply Company (Qesco) said.
According to sources, four rockets were fired at around 1.30 am targeting the huge towers of the transmission line coming from Dera Ghazi Khan in the Esani area, some 25 km off Barkhan. Two towers were blown up.
"There is no power supply from 132 KV transmission line from Barkhan to Kohlu area," Qesco sources said, adding that teams of Wapda engineers had been sent to the area for repairing the damaged towers. However, he said that complete restoration of power supply in the affected area would take at least a week.
Meanwhile, power supply from the 220 KV double-circuit Guddu-Sibi transmission line has been fully restored after two high-tension towers were replaced and two others, in Chetar area of Nasirabad district, repaired. The towers had been blown up on January 29 causing disruption of electricity supply to almost two-thirds of Balochistan.

Two power towers blown up in Balochistan
By our correspondent

QUETTA: Two power supply towers of 132 KV transmission line were blown up on Wednesday in Eshani area of Rakhani Tehsil in district Barkhan, some 325 kms off here.
Levies officials told The News that unknown saboteurs planted heavy explosive material near the power supply towers in Eshani area, which ripped through the towers in the wee hours of Wednesday, disrupting power supply to Barkhan and Kohlu districts.
Residents claimed that they heard five successive explosions and subsequently power supply disrupted in the district. Official of Levies and district administration rushed to the spot and started investigation.

Confirming the incident, a spokesman for the Quetta Electric Supply Company (Qesco) said the towers number 90 and 91 were blown up and power supply was suspended in district Barkhan, Mekhtar area and district Kohlu. "It will take many days to restore power supply as new towers are being dispatched to Eshani for replacement of the damaged ones," he added. A Qesco team has already proceeded to Barkhan to replace the towers. Separately, 12-year-old Dilawar Khan was injured when he accidentally trampled a land-mine laid there by unknown saboteurs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home