Sunday, January 30, 2005

BLA attack Quetta Electric Supply Company,Balochistan plunged into darkness

Balochistan plunges into darkness

Four towers blown up: Shujaat defers visit: FC post attacked : BLA accepts attack on gasline

From Shahzada Zulfiqar
QUETTA - Four towers of main transmission line were blown up with explosion in Chattar area of District Nasirabad, plunging the whole Balochistan province including Quetta into darkness for two hours on Saturday night.Baloch Liberation Army claimed the responsibility for blowing up the power supply network.
Quetta Electric Supply Company, which started providing power from alternate sources, announced a major power loadshedding after a 40 per cent decrease in its capacity.

When contacted, QUESCO Chief Executive Officer Brig Tassaduq Hussain Shah confirmed the sabotage incident and said that four towers of main supply line were blown up by the saboteurs Saturday evening causing blackout in the whole province.He said two out of three main supply lines from Ghuddo Power House had been tripped and the power was being supplied from the third alternate line.He said that due to breakdown of two main supply lines, QUESCO was unable to meet the 100 per cent power demand.

He said that the repair work could take 10 to 12 days to complete.
However, Azad Baloch, spokesman of Baloch Liberation Army, telephoned a newspaper office claiming responsibility.

A day before Eidul Azha, two towers of 220KV were blown up by the terrorists in Rakhni close to Punjab border, which was repaired after a week. Another tower was also blown up with the explosives a couple of days ago and which yet to be repaired.
Shujaat defers Dera Bugti visit: Online adds: Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain along with Mushahid Hussain was earlier scheduled to leave for Dera Bugti today (Sunday) to discuss current tense Sui situation with Bugti.

But the visit has been postponed because Mushahid Hussain, who was heading a sub-committee on Balochistan, is in Malaysian city of Putrajaya to attend a meeting of Organization of Islamic Countries Eminent Personalities.

FC check post attacked : Unknown miscreants fired on Saturday two more rockets on Kohlo Frontier Constabulary check post creating terror and fear in the area.
According to detail, some unknown miscreants in Kohlo e fired two more rockets on FC Check posts, which exploded in big bang. But, there was no lost of human life.
The local administration has registered case against the unknown miscreants and started search for arresting them.

BLA accepts attack on Kasur gas pipeline: Baloch Liberation Army has accepted the responsibility of attack carried on Kasur gas pipeline.
In a telephonic interview to Online from some unknown place on Saturday, BLA’s Major Nohaf has accepted the responsibility of attack of blowing up gas pipeline near Kasur district and also rocket attack on Quetta district.

http://www.nation.com.pk/daily/jan-2005/30/index7.php



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home